|Climb with the Keeper Tour
Introduced as a fundraising program in 2005, Climb with the Keepers is a unique tour specifically designed for those wishing to experience the historic Ponce De Leon Inlet Light Station in an intimate and informative way.
Led by the "Old Lighthouse Keepers" event participants are given a personal tour of the entire Lighthouse Facility including many areas that are normally closed to the general public where much of the work is done to maintain this National Historic Landmark as active private aid to navigation.
In addition to a tour of the three Keepers' Dwellings, the Lens Exhibit Building, and the Oil Storage House, Climb with the Keeper participants will be treated to an informative tour of the Lantern Room where they can examine the tower's operational 3rd order Fresnel lens and learn what it took to maintain this beautiful lighthouse optic and to restore it to its original condition. Additional information regarding the Climb with the Keeper Tour includes:
- The Climb with the Keeper Tour takes approximately two hours to complete.
Group Size Restrictions:
- Tour participants should be in good physical condition and able to climb 213 steps to the top of the Lighthouse.
- Due to limited space within the Lantern Room and the intimate nature of this tour, Climb with the Keeper tours are limited to a maximum of 8 people per event.
- To allow staff enough time to schedule each event, Climb with the Keeper reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance.
You may contact Karen Huffman by phone at (386) 761-1821 ext. 10 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this special program or to schedule your Climb with the Keeper Tour.
- The cost of participation is $35 per person. Scheduled tours must be paid for by check or credit card at the time of registration. Cancellations must be made at least two days prior to the scheduled tour in order to qualify for a full refund..