What to Do on the Day of Your Visit
Prior to Your Group's Arrival
- Confirm Tour Reservation: Please contact Program Manager Mary Wentzel by phone at (386) 761-1821 ext. 18 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your group's scheduled tour date, estimated time of arrival, and size (students + chaperons). Group rate arrangements must be confirmed by Lighthouse staff at least two business days in advance of scheduled visit.
- Get Directions: Not sure how to get here? Download Directions to the Lighthouse.
- Complete Student Souvenir Packet (Student Souvenir Program Participants Only): Please complete the Student Souvenir Order Form (if not already submitted) and collect all money owed prior to your arrival to aid the Gift Shop staff in completing your order.
Upon Your Group's Arrival:
- Late Arrivals: As a courtesy, please contact the Lighthouse at (386) 761-1821 to inform us if you are running late. Notification will allow us to modify our volunteer schedule and avoid unnecessary confusion.
- Parking the Bus: If arriving by bus, please direct driver to the upper parking area.
- Parking space is provided for buses and over sized vehicles next to the Administration Building which is accessed via an asphalt road located on the north side of the Main Entrance / Gift Shop. Please notify Program Manager Mary Wentzel at (386) 761-1821 ext. 18 if you intend to use more than three buses during your visit to allow for additional parking arrangements.
- Wait for the Tour Guides: We ask that you and your students remain on the bus until your tour guide arrives. Remaining on the bus allows the tour guide to introduce him/herself to the students, review the Lighthouse rules and regulations, and band all tour participants in a controlled environments. If you are unable to remain on the bus, please separate your students into their assigned groups as quickly as possible.
- Wrist Bands (Admission Bracelets): Wrist bands will be distributed to all groups by their tour guides along with a brief introduction to the Ponce Inlet Light Station.
- Back Packs, Food, & Drinks: All backpacks, food, and drinks should be left on the bus. Water fountains are located throughout the Lighthouse facility for our guests' convenience.
- Tour Payment (If Applicable): Please provide the lead tour guide with an accurate head count of all tour participants (students & chaperons). Payment is due upon your arrival prior to the start of the tour. Payment may be made with cash, check, or credit card (Visa & MasterCard only). Please note: Students and chaperons may not pay for admission individually and still receive the discounted group rate.
After the Tour:
- Restrooms Breaks: Restroom facilities are available for student and chaperon use prior to the start of the tour. Students needing to use the restroom during the tour should be escorted by a chaperon for safety. At least one chaperon should remain with the group throughout the duration of the tour.
- Gift Shop Access: Students may visit the Lighthouse Gift Shop at the conclusion of their tour. However, students must be escorted by a chaperon while in the Gift Shop.
- Lunch: Although the Lighthouse does not allow food or drinks on the grounds, teachers may elect to use the picnic facilities in the Ayers Davies Lighthouse Park next to the Lighthouse for lunch.
- Provide Us Feedback:Please complete the "School Tour Evaluation Form" (given to you when you checked in), and return it in the stamped envelope provided. Your opinion is important to us and will be used to improve our educational offerings. The Tour Evaluation Form may also be downloaded and faxed to the Lighthouse at (386) 761-3121. Those wishing to email a copy of the completed form may do so by addressing it to Program Manager Mary Wentzel at email@example.com.