First Assistant Keeper's Dwelling
The home of the First Assistant keeper and his family has been furnished as it would have been around 1900. The kitchen contains a china cabinet that was part of the original 1887 furnishings. The table and chairs are from the family of Edward L. Meyer, the last Lighthouse Service Principal Keeper at the Ponce de Leon Light Station. The building is named for Gladys Meyer Davis, a lifelong resident of Ponce Inlet who was born in this house. A laundry facility at the back of this building depicts a slice of everyday turn-of-the-century life at the Light Station.