Generator Building/Shop/& Radio Room
Like the building behind the Second Assistant keeper's home, this building was originally used as a woodshed and privy by the First Assistant Keeper and his family. In 1940, two electrical generators were installed in the woodshed room when a radio beacon was established at this Light Station. Today, tools and equipment used by early keepers are on display here.
In 1943, the Coast Guard built the "Radio Room" addition on the north side of the the woodshed to house its radio beacon equipment. The radio room has been been re-created with a portion of the space reserved for exhibits outlining the Light Station's and Florida's role in World War II.